Sunday, April 20, 2008

No Lifting

I have had two noteable shopping experiences this week where I actually didn't shoplift. I'm proud of myself.

I went to the bookstore last Sunday and actually bought books. How cool! I felt GOOD. I felt light and airy. I didn't have to worry or pretend like I wasn't worried about anything.

Then I went shopping with a friend and bought some jeans and some undies. I probably shouldn't have because I was shopping with a guy friend of mine. It was kind of embarrassing, but not really.
Petty: How do you like these Betsy Johnson's?
Friend: Wow. You're going to be wearing those?
Petty: Maybe. You can wonder about it the next time we hang out.
Friend: Yeah, just because we're friends doesn't mean you aren't hot.
Petty: I bought some French lingerie, too.
Friend: How about we have crazy monkey sex?
Petty: How about let's not and say we didn't.


I forgot that shopping with a friend can be fun. Usually I go shopping alone so I can do secret things. I thought about slipping something into my bag or a pair of undies, but just didn't want to have that on my conscience at the time.

No comments: