Friday, December 19, 2008

Regrets, Social Consequences


I made the mistake of telling someone that I got arrested If I had just left that part out, things might have gone differently.

I used to date this guy. He hurt my feelings by just not talking to me after we shared some level of intimacy. Not everything mind you. But enough that it meant alot to me. It really hurt me. And even before that, I thought he didn't want to see me anymore because I didn't want to go home with him. He said it was because I was too religious; Haha.

I told him that if you like someone and you are attracted to them, it's worth a shot. But then I told him I didn't sleep well because I was in the tank. The thing is, I didn't think he would be so judgmental. I was crying and felt really awful and now he wants nothing to do with me.

His exact words via email:

I am extremely concerned about you, but at this juncture, my having any long conversations with you, in person, on the phone, or by e-mail, will do neither of us any good.

You are engaging in a number of self-destructive behavors at the moment. Even if I was of a mind to want to be in a romantic relationship with you, given what you are doing to yourself, I would be extremely foolish to want to be in such a relationship.

Please do not call, write, stop/drive by my home. If I see you in public (e.g. at an event), I promise to acknowledge you and talk to you, again BRIEFLY. However, if you do not IMMEDIATELY seek professional help for your problems, that will change. If you do get help, and I do see that you are getting better and you are making better judgments in your life, I will be overjoyed and we can resume our previous status.

I know that I am sounding harsh. I am doing so, because you do have many fine qualities, but you are obviously a very troubled and sad individual at the moment, and I seriously believe that your best interests would be served by you focusing on getting yourself well. While it may appear that I am being cruel to you, but I am not. I am trying to be your friend, and I do not wish to watch you destroy yourself anymore than you have managed to do since I have met you.


My words back:
I wish I hadn't told you. The look on your face hurt me all over again. I was in a fragile state already last time and I really couldn't handle how you treated me because it made me really hurt. I was so confused after that. No one ever told me they adored me. If someone who says they adore me could reject me so harshly, then what did anything mean? It made me think that no one really cared what I did--and especially after what happened with my head injury with the way people who said they were Christian treated me.

We didn't really have a status anymore, but we did have fun together sometimes--as long as it didn't get romantic. I didn't know if I wanted to be close with you again only to get hurt all over again. In many ways, you haven't been much of a friend because the ways you have hurt me made some things worse. Maybe now you just realize how much.

And by the way, I wasn't purposely driving by your house. I was driving home and crossed your street. It reminded me to call you when I thought we could still be friends.

In any case. I don't want to get hurt anymore. Please keep this in confidence because I need the few friends I have and I would like to keep this secret. That's all I ask. You don't have to talk to me because I'm not really sure I want to talk to someone who constantly rejects me.


No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. My mistake is $50 worth of stuff and getting caught. I try not to judge people for the stupid things they do. I'd be a sicker puppy than I already am if I allowed myself to think that I should behave so that he will like me. Yeah right!!

No comments: