Sunday, May 11, 2008

Liberating to Just Shop

It feels so liberating to go shopping and just shop. I was SHOPPING. Not shoplifting today. I tried on jeans, I tried on shoes. I THOUGHT about stuff, but I was really actively searching for jeans. Also, it helped that everything had a security tag. I needed to get alterations done, but ran out of time with the jeans. Gosh, jeans can be such a pain!

Yesterday was a little bit different of a story. I went to an outlet store for a department store. I found a cute Theory top for only $24.00 andthought about buying it since it was about 90% off. I didn't really need it and I was trying to meet up with my friends. I spent too much time shopping and was late. I didn't buy the shirt, but I didn't steal it either because it had a security tag.

I did, however, make off with two Oscar de la Renta scarves. He's my favorite designer for scarves. I should have just bought them, but the line was taking too long. Plus they were already in my purse from when I was tryingstuffon in the dressing room. I feel a little bit quilty. There is one person who knows about myhabit and I have been promising her I will stop. It's hard.

Now that i think about it, I wasn't so innocent today either since I returned something with a switched tag. But that's the lesser of the evils I engage in. I don't think they would cart you off for that, they just don't let you return the items.

No comments: