Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Going off the meds

Every day I realize how many side effects I was experiencing. I really never wanted to be on antidepressants, but I had to. The problem with them is that they really can cause you to have a manic episode. I'm sure you've heard that it could be fun to be happy all the time. But a manic episode may not cause you to feel happy. It can also cause you to just be irritated all the time and end up yelling at people because you are so uncomfortable and on edge. I developed acne, I had muscle twitches, I had some basic muscle coordination issues--it was hard to write and even to read because I lost some fine motor coordination.

The antidepressant I was taking also is used to treat anxiety. That explains why I could shoplift and really not feel bad about it. As I cut the medication, I found I just couldn't do it anymore. I found myself being my usual square self who pays for everything.

Unfortunately, now I have mess to deal with. I don't have as much as Winona Ryder did, but still, it's a mess. One that I didn't even realize I was getting into until now when I am going off of it.

No comments: